In partnership with family and community, we will empower our students to become well-rounded and compassionate global citizens.
Kinosayo's Inquiry Pillars
Supporting student agency
- Students are active and engaged participants in their learning journey
- Learning happens with students, not to students.
- Active Learning puts the students and the way they create connections and meaning at the forefront.
- Opportunities are carefully curated and are intentionally designed with the end in mind
- Students will create connection between learning and aligning with conceptual understanding of curriculum by making thinking visible. This requires students to think of all areas of their learning, for example, self-reflection, finding solutions, designing, producing and collaborating.
- Staff are consistently creating learning opportunities that combine sound assessment, deep knowledge of curriculum, and the inquiry process. Experiences for students are intentional and connected to other learnings.
- Students are creating opportunities for collaborative and independent engagement, as well as a deep connection to their learning, especially as they grow and develop through their educational journey.
Kinosayo Elementary School is located in the Woodlands area of St. Albert. We are the proud home to approximately 340 students from Kindergarten to Grade 6. We offer regular and special education programming along with many extracurricular programs. We are the school of choice for Inglewood: The Summit, Oakmont, Regency Heights and Woodlands.
The staff at Kinosayo say the following about their school:
"Kinosayo is a warm, welcoming place that embraces children's learning and creativity."
"Our school is a genuinely positive place where your child can grow and have a well rounded school experience!"
Parents of Kinosayo School say the following about their school:
- "Kinosayo has created a wonderful balance between learning, fun, creativity and personal development...isn't that what life should be about."
- "Kinosayo provides a safe nurturing environment for my child to learn. The students are encouraged to embrace each others differences and celebrate their uniqueness. As a parent of a child with extra challenges, I am impressed that my opinions are valued and often sought out. Every resource possible has been made available to my child to encourage success toward personal and academic growth. I would not hesitate to recommend this school to anyone seeking a well rounded, enthusiastic educational experience for their child."